Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"Impressive Recovery, Difficult to Explain"

"Impressive Recovery, Difficult to Explain". Those are the words my Nephrologist wrote in my medical chart after seeing me on Friday the 10th. To me those are beautiful, amazing words! Praise be to God!!

Let me explain.... The last three weeks I have been feeling so much better between dialysis sessions. Throughout this time I have noticed several positive changes physically as well. One was that I was having very little to no visible swelling (due to kidney failure, fluid will build up in between dialysis treatments causing visible swelling usually in the feet, hands, etc). The second is that my body was producing urine like it used to before my kidneys failed (One of the functions of your kidneys is to produce urine and the worse your kidney function, the less urine your body produces). I started wondering if my kidney function was getting better so I called my Doctors office last week and requested a test to see what my current kidney function is. When the results came in I went to see my Doctor. He said to me "well, your kidney function is better. But the question is why is it better? I don't understand why its better." I couldn't help myself, I told him I knew why! "God is healing me!" I must say it was an uncomfortable silence after I uttered those words. His expression didn't change and my heart dropped a little. But we moved on in the conversation and he told me he wants me to stay on dialysis (although I am going from 3 sessions to two a week) and do another test in two weeks to see how my kidneys are functioning then.  
One month ago my Creatnine was 5.70, as of Tuesday of last week my Creatnine was 3.47 (which takes me from stage 5 to stage 4)! Before I started dialysis my GFR (glomerular filtration rate) was a 9 (anything under 15 is considered renal failure). Mine is now 28 (normal is 60)!!
I am giving the praise to God but we are also praying that God will continue to heal me. I'm not out of the woods health wise as stage 4 is still considered critical but I feel that just having these last 3 weeks where I have been feeling better is a miracle itself and I am thankful for that!


And if you are wondering how I know what was written in my medical chart... well... it is my medical chart and all you have to do is ask the right person. :)

6 comments:

  1. Ginger, I am so happy for you!!!!! God works miracles! Love you! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL news! This is awesome! I'm thrilled to hear this! Fingers crossed for continued healing!

    And you're 100% correct... It's your medical chart, and by law you have the right to see what's in it at any time. All you have to do is ask. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed Downey (OPA to Jeremy)August 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM

    Wonderful news. God works wonders when we let Him into our lives. I pray that He continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay yay yay yay yay yaaaaayyy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing news! I haven't read your entire blog, so I'm not sure why your kidneys were failing to begin with, but that is awesome news. I found your blog because you commented on mine :)

    Praise be to God!

    growinginhisgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete