Thursday, December 29, 2011

Your Story Hour - Bible Comes Alive Series




As my sister and I were growing up, our parents used to buy these blue cassette tapes from our church bookstore. They were Bible Stories on tape read by “Aunt Sue and Uncle Dan” (The CD tapes say Aunt Sue and Uncle Dan, but online it says Aunt Carole and Uncle Dan. There might have been a change in the female voice at one point.). We used to listen to these for hours and hours. We each had our own portable cassette tape player that we used on a regular basis to listen to these Bible Stories.
Last year I decided to do a search online to see if these stories were available for purchase. I did find them online but quickly realized they were a bit out of our price range at that time. I ended up reserving a few of the series from the library but it was just a pain to check them out, take them back and then check them out again. Eventually I just took them back to the library and stopped bringing home new ones. As Christmas time rolled around my parents and sister decided to each by one series for the boys for Christmas. I bought one as well and we are now the proud of owners of sets 1-4 of the Bible Comes alive series. Each boxed set has multiple CDs with a total of anywhere from 24-27 individual stories based on length. The Bible series includes sets 1-5. You can find these at this link: http://www.yourstoryhour.org/transaction.php
So far my four year old son really enjoys listening to these CDs!
The same company that presents the Bible stories also sells history stories. I personally have not listened to those, but I look forward to doing so some day! Your Bible Story hour is also available on online radio.

Disclosure: I have not been paid or compensated in any way to give an opinion of these products. This is my own opinion based on a product I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment